As of tomorrow, the baby and I will be at 20 weeks -- halfway through the pregnancy. I can hardly believe how quickly the time has gone by already. At this rate, he'll be starting kindergarten soon!
It has been fun over the past few weeks to be able to feel him more frequently. Last night, for instance, he wiggled the whole time Brian and I were watching the Putnam County Spelling Bee at the Wharton Center. We don't know if the baby likes musicals or he just likes it when I laugh. Then today he was squirming around while I worked after school. So far, the times of his activity have been pretty unpredictable -- some days at 3:00, others at 7:00... I just never know. I keep trying to catch him moving, though, while Brian is home so that he can try to feel the baby: I'm able to feel him from the outside if he gives an unusually vigorous kick and I know Brian would love to be able to feel the little guy. So far, we haven't had much luck with that.
I'm also really like that I have a better idea of who he is now that I know he's a boy. We know he was pretty quiet during the ultrasound and he's generally not a big mover so far, so I'm curious if his personality will be laid back, like his dad, or if he'll end up being the opposite once he's born. But, since it's only the halfway point, I guess I'll have another 20 weeks (give or take a few) before I can find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment