Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Third Tri's The Charm

This week officially marks the beginning of our third trimester. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed; it seems like a month ago that I found out I was pregnant.

The baby is making his presence felt regularly, with the alarming exception of last Sunday when he decided to have a lazy morning and freaked out both of his overly-paranoid parents by his lack of kicking. Fortunately, with some prodding, the little guy decided to wake up and move around more. And he's been kicking heartily ever since.

In addition to being a lazy-baby day, Sunday was the day that I was supposed to pick up my bridesmaid dress. I was fitted for it in early February, when I was six months pregnant. So it shouldn't have been a surprise that when I arrived at David's Bridal and tried it on, I discovered that I couldn't zip it up. I walked out of the dressing room and asked the seamstress to help me. She was not the original seamstress who helped me and she was frazzled by the number of customers she was dealing with, so I should probably forgive her for saying "Why won't it zip? Are you sure you're wearing the right bra?"

"I'm seven months pregnant!" I replied.

"Oh!" she said, realization dawning. "I guess that explains it."

Duh!

Needless to say, the dress needed to be let out. I was able to pick it up the next day, and when I tried it on, it fit much better, except in the bust area where they let it out too much. Fortunately she was able to take it in while I waited, so my dress finally fits. Brian agrees that it looks very nice from the front -- thank goodness I'm having a boy because I still have some semblance of an hourglass figure -- but from the side I look ridiculous. His exact words were "Oh dear..." and some giggles.

I am really excited for the wedding this weekend. Kelly and Ryan are going to be so happy together and I'm sure their wedding will be beautiful. I'm also looking forward for a chance to use the hotel pool and to get a manicure and pedicure for the bachelorette spa day.

Prior to heading down to Dayton on Thursday, Brian and I have an appointment with our OB/GYN. We're planning to discuss our birth plan with her and see what her opinions are on the different areas. Our childbirth class tomorrow night may give us some additional ideas for what to include in the birth plan.

So, all in all, the first week of the third trimester will be pretty eventful and very memorable.

No comments: