Sunday, February 22, 2009

First Haircut

...Okay, more like "First Trim".

Today I got fed up with seeing Jack's scraggly fringes of hair covering his ears, so I decided to trim it myself. I strapped him in the highchair and found some sharp, but blunt-ended scissors and started cutting. My mission was hampered by Jack's inability to sit still, as well as my own ignorance of what the end product should look like.

The result: a fairly blunt line of hair above his ears, leading directly into his long locks at the back of his head, making him look like he has a bit of a mullet.

I think next time I'll find a professional to teach me how to do it before attempting this on my own again.

BEFORE: (notice the fringes above his ears)






















AFTER: (I swear the scratch on his cheek wasn't from me... he scratched it trying to get behind his exersaucer to pull CDs off the entertainment center)



Isn't his vest adorable?

No comments: