Thursday, April 9, 2009

Scavengers

Even though Jack has earned a reputation as a scavenger at daycare -- he'll eat the food of any baby nearby and will scour the floor after snack time for leftover crackers if the caregivers don't sweep it fast enough (eew!) -- the tables are turned at home. Tucker and Riley have found that having a baby in the house isn't all just pulled fur and yanked tails; it also involves samples of interesting treats.

For example, today I left Jack in his highchair eating yogurt bites, one of his favorite post-lunch treats, while I went to rinse out his bowl, and I came back to find Tucker stealing a yogurt bite from Jack's tray. Riley sat innocently nearby, watching intently and hoping some would fall on the floor. Jack's stance was priceless: he had his sippy cup clenched to his chest and an outraged expression on his face. Much as he loves his kitties, he apparently loves his yogurt bites more and draws the line at sharing.


"Mine, Kitty, mine!"

No comments: