On Wednesday when Jack was home sick with a cold, he helped me bring up some chocolate chips from the basement storage area in order to make fudge for our kind neighbors who had snowplowed our driveway. While we were in the basement, Jack noticed my little old rocking chair, which my mom says I got when I was two years old to match my grandma's rocker. For years, it had been a receptacle for my stuffed animals or even my cats, and it had finally been relegated to the basement when Jack was born and we needed to make space for his toys.
Jack insisted on bringing it upstairs ("up, up"), so we dusted and oiled it and installed it in the living room. Now he makes a special point to sit in it a little each day.
You can probably tell from the photos that he wasn't feeling well -- red eyes, red nose, slightly fuzzy expression -- but he's cute nonetheless.

1 comment:
I have one of these too. It's currently at my mom's house. I don't know if she'll let me sneak that out of the house for Emma or not. I loved mine and apparently stuffed animals fit perfectly in there - that's what I used mine for too!
Post a Comment