Monday, June 25, 2012

Perfect Summer Day

Although I'm sure there will be days this summer where the boys will make me feel like pulling my hair out, today was not one of them.

Today couldn't have been more perfect: 75 degrees, sunny with puffy "animal clouds" (Jack's terminology), harmonious, cooperative boys, and a general feeling of well-being.  We went outside at 8:30 this morning, set up a car wash to wash all the bikes and toys (I weeded while the endless car wash was accomplished), played in the swimming pool with the ball-pit balls, and didn't come inside until 11:00 for lunch.

While I made their lunch, the boys shared their giant box while watching Mr. Rogers.  Both boys ate their lunch nicely (I made Jack a train out of yogurt, raspberries, pretzels, and tomatoes, which he ate entirely before consuming the cookie wheels), and then promptly fell asleep for nap.  I cleaned up the lunch dishes and then fell asleep myself.

We all awoke around 4:00 for a snack and then back outside for water-table fun and more car wash until  Brian came home.  I spray painted part of the swing set while Brian supervised the kids.  And then we all came in for yummy leftovers.  Honestly, I can't think of a better way to spend our day.

Ball pit: Ben is checking out his belly button. 

Watching Mr. Rogers before lunch: look how nicely they're sharing!

Water table fun after nap: puffy white clouds, warm sun... life is good!

No comments: