After our visit (including some ice cream), we went to The French Laundry, a restaurant in Fenton that I've been wanting to try for a long time. It was a charming, open bistro-style restaurant and our table was in a corner window looking out on historic homes. The food was delicious (I had the shrimp and friend green tomatoes -- to die for!) and the boys were as well-behaved as we've seen them in quite a while. All of this led us to the fatal mistake of ordering dessert. Jack, who had packed away his entire PB&J and side of grilled veggies, took too big a bite of his bugbar (a specialty cookie/bar similar to a blondie) and started to cough. Coughing, unfortunately, triggered him to throw up. His entire dinner. Into his lap.
I am honestly quite proud of myself that I didn't instantly burst into tears because I've been known to get hysterical in the past when he's thrown up on me. But instead we stayed calm, cleaned up the table and Brian fetched Jack's back-up outfit from the car. (Thank God I decided to pack extra clothes in case they boys had gotten icecream on themselves at Uncle Bobby's!) I changed Jack in the bathroom and wiped off his shoes to the best of my ability and we started our long, smelly ride home.
No comments:
Post a Comment