Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More shower photos




This past weekend, we traveled to Dayton for the Fisher family shower. Mom and Kelly and Julie had been hard at work, and everything looked and tasted beautiful. We played a ton of fun games and received a lot of nice things for the baby. He's definitely going to be spoiled!



Although I don't have photos of the actual shower events yet, these are pictures of the house before everyone arrived.












The table was decorated with blanket cakes, made of receiving blankets and towels, with little sock rosettes on top. Kelly also had a great idea to package muffins labeled as "buns in the oven" and Julie baked delicious little buttery cinnamon muffins for that purpose.







The cake was based on the Suzy's Zoo wallhanging of a baby duck that I'm making for Jackson's room. I was amazed that the bakery was able to put the same little duck on the cake itself! It looked absolutely precious -- and if the cake itself hadn't tasted so good, I would have felt bad eating the little ducky.

No comments: