Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's A Commercial Interruption, Charlie Brown

Tonight Jack was watching "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" on television while Brian was cleaning the dishes and I was making banana cupcakes for his daycare. He was really excited to see Snoopy and repeated "Snoo-pee" over and over.

The trouble came when the show went to a commercial. Jack is completely unfamiliar with the concepts of commercials -- all he ever watches is Sesame Street or occasionally notices the Lansing Veterinary Medical Center commercial while we're watching the news, but only because it has cats, dogs, and a catchy tune.

Jack became extremely frustrated that "Snoo-pee" wasn't coming back on and angrily brought me the remote in the kitchen, as if to say "fast forward, please". But because we were watching it live, there was no way to fast forward. I kept reassuring him that Snoopy would be back (I'm not sure he believed me), and after the longest commercial break ever, Snoopy finally returned and all was right in Jack's world again.

1 comment: