This afternoon, Jack and I are on our own, while Brian and Jason go bowling and see a movie. Jack and I napped on the couch while watching basketball. When he woke up, he noticed that I had painted my toenails yesterday. The nail polish was in the drawer of the coffeetable, and he kept pointing from the bottle to my toes and then to his own shoes. I asked him what he wanted and he said "feet, feet". I asked, "Do you want mommy to make your toes look like hers?" "Yeah." So I took his socks and shoes off, and trimmed his nails, and asked again: "Are you sure you want to have nails like mommy?" "Yeah." So I painted them. He LOVES his pretty toes, and even tried to get me to paint Riley and Tucker's nails, too. I drew the line at the cats.
I can't wait for Brian to get home and see his son's toenails.

(He's also wearing my winter hat in the photo.)
No comments:
Post a Comment