Thursday, May 27, 2010

Twice the Fun

At nine weeks and with a strong, little heartbeat on the ultrasound today, we're excited to announce that we're expecting our second baby on December 31, 2010. That's right: New Year's Eve.

We decided to start trying for another baby this spring, assuming that it would take a while, since Jack took a year and a half to conceive. However, this baby had other plans for us. I got pregnant the second time we tried! So the due date is a little earlier than planned, but we're delighted none-the-less.

Jack is very excited about the new baby. I showed him the ultrasound picture and he pointed from the picture to my belly, where we've been telling him the baby is. He adores babies at church and in the neighborhood, so I know he'll be such a good brother.

Aside from nausea (which I never experienced with Jack) and exhaustion (which is a lot harder to deal with when you have a toddler), I've been feeling great and am happy to be able to return to prenatal yoga.

No comments: