Friday, August 13, 2010

It's A Boy! Again!

Bright and early this morning, we had our ultrasound to check how the baby was progressing (right on time) and what his sex was. Contrary to most people's predictions, including his mommy, daddy and big brother, he's a boy. The technician commented that he was very active, and I said that should have been my first clue that he was a boy. Brian could tell that he was a boy even before the technician told us, so apparently our little guy is unmistakably male.

This will make decorating and clothes much easier (and, admittedly, a little less fun) than if he was a girl. Jack's blue and yellow and green color scheme will be a perfect fit in our "Pooh Bear Yellow" guest room, and while winter and summer clothes will require some supplementing, we should be all set for spring and fall clothes. Jack lived in little onesies for the first month of his life (with multiple changes due to breakthrough poos), so I'm at a loss for how to dress a winter baby. Luckily I have lots of gowns and sleepers that I never ended up using on Jack that should work. And Mom and I hit the Carter's outlet today for a little shopping for winter dress-up outfits for things like church and whatever else we take him to. (We also got Jack's Halloween costume while we were there, but more on that at a later date.)

I'm so relieved and excited to know that he is A) healthy and B) a boy (not that I wouldn't have loved a girl, but I'm relieved to just know that he's one or the other!). Now we can start decorating his room and calling him by name (more on that at a later date, too) and preparing Jack for a little brother to play with.

No comments: