Sunday, October 24, 2010

Baby Boo Bash

Last night, we invited many of our friends with kids under 3 over to the house for an infant-toddler Halloween party. In all, we had 10 kids (four of whom were born within three days of each other at the beginning of August) and 13 adults. Needless to say, our house was a state of semi-controlled chaos for several hours. It was wonderful to see all the kids playing together. Jack especially enjoyed playing with the girls, Emma (1 year) and Kaitlyn (same age as Jack) -- he's such a ladies man! He and Kaitlyn and Travis enjoyed chasing each other from room to room, with little Logan toddling after them in his penguin costume. All of the kids were adorable, and they all seemed to have a great time.

I made mac and cheese, sausage and beans, apple sauce, and dirt pudding to serve. However, I completely forgot to get out the apple sauce at dinner time, and then I forgot to get out the dirt pudding at dessert time. Luckily, lots of people brought pumpkin cupcakes, muffins and Halloween sprinkle cupcakes, so no one lacked for desserts. But I blame my absent-mindedness, as usual, on Baby Ben. (I'm going to have to figure out a new excuse once he's born!)





No comments: