Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ben's One Month Appointment

Yesterday was Ben's one month appointment with the pediatrician. Brian and I tried to predict how much he'd weigh this time -- we both guessed around 10.5 pounds. But once again Ben has exceeded our expectations, weighing in at 11 pounds and a half ounce (it was a whole ounce until the little monster peed on the scale!). He has also gained 2.5 inches in length. What a big boy! This puts him at the same height as Jack at one month, but a full two pounds heavier.

Dr. Josh said that Ben looked great. The ultrasound on his hips came back normal, so we don't need to worry about dysplasia due to his breech position anymore, and everything else looks perfect. The only exception: Ben has a mild case of thrush. Which means I now have a mild case of thrush. Delightful. Ben is being treated with Nystatin and I'm eating lots of yogurt and acidophillus while I wait to hear back from the OB's office about a prescription.

To balance out the negative of breastfeeding (sharing a painful infection), this morning I noticed a surprising positive: I now weigh less than I did the day that Ben was conceived. My voracious little eater has managed to suck a 25 lb. weight gain right off of me in just a month. Go Ben!

No comments: