Monday, May 16, 2011

BIG Boys

My babies are getting so big!

Ben, at 4.5 months, is now wearing 9 month clothes, the same clothes Jack was wearing at his first birthday. Scary! Last night, he chubbily perched on our bathroom scale and weighed in at 17.2 lbs. I can't believe how much he has grown! But if you see him eat -- either milk or baby food -- you'd understand why.

Jack, meanwhile, is starting to show lots of skin around the ankles of his pants. He's still in 18 month pants because that's what fit his waist, but he's suddenly shot up a few inches and all of his pants are too short. I'm looking forward to warmer weather, so that he can just wear his shorts. Jack has even gained a pound or two, weighing 28 lbs. (in clothes) on our bathroom scale, which is at least a pound more than last month.

In addition, Jack just LOOKS like a boy, instead of the chubby-cheeked baby he used to be. As he quickly approaches the big 3 and makes requests for his birthday cake, says "please and thank you" nicely to others, and repeats back conversations we didn't realize he was listening to, we realize just how grown up our little boy has become.

On the other hand, Jack has been absorbed this morning by playing with some of his old baby toys that I got out for Ben, so I guess he hasn't grown too much yet. :-)

No comments: