Then we took his push car for a little drive (much safer) and he practiced trying to do up the seatbelt.
After that, we decided to go to Keans, the dime store in Mason, to look for some yarn for a hat and scarf to match Jack's new winter coat. (Mom is teaching me how to knit.) I had loved Kean's as a kid, and I realized anew just why. They have a great kids' toy section that stocks old fashioned toys, like wooden train sets, Jack-in-the-boxes, and fake vegetables for "cooking". We're definitely going back for Christmas shopping. They also have a old-time candy counter, a Hallmark section, and some beautiful fabric and notions for sewing. It's a general store in every sense of the word, and all three of us loved it. Jack played for an hour at the wooden train table, while Brian and I took turns looking around.
When we got home, we had another nice surprise. Jack is finally at a point where he can eat virtually everything Brian and I eat. Tonight, I made salmon burgers on whole wheat English muffins with avocado slices and a lemon-garlic mayonnaise; we also had salad and sweet potato fries. Jack ate half a salmon burger, a piece of avocado, shredded carrots with ranch, half an English muffin, and sweet potato fries. All the same foods we were eating. Such a nice meal when we're able to just cook one thing, instead of worrying about reheating spaghettios or mac and cheese for him.
Now, he's helping me with laundry and getting ready for bed. All in all, a good day.




1 comment:
Mmm that meal sounds great!
Post a Comment