Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moseying down to MOO-ville

On Monday, Jack and I made a trip to Nashville - Nashville, MI, that is. It's home to MOO-ville Creamery, a local dairy farm. While part of the trip was to try some fresh ice cream, a side benefit is that they have a petting zoo. I wasn't sure how big a petting zoo it would be, but once I got there I was pleasantly surprised to see a good mix of animals for Jack to check out. The first one we saw was this adorable baby calf. It was very friendly and let Jack get pretty close.


We then checked out the goats...


... and said hi to the pig.



One of the highlights of the trip for both of us was finding two baby kittens in a small shed they had. They were simply adorable and Jack loved seeing them scamper around. He even made an attempt to pick one of them up.




In addition to the kittens, pig and cows, there were also some goats, two llamas, some horses, ducks, roosters, bunnies and even a larger cat that we saw on our way out.




But we had to say good-bye to the young cow on our way out - and this time Jack got close enough for a kiss.




And yes, the ice cream was great. Jack and I shared a bowl of mint chocolate chip.

No comments: