Monday, February 28, 2011

Ben's Two-Month Appointment

Last Thursday, Jack and I took Ben to his two-month appointment at the pediatrician. Jack's job was to provide moral support when Ben got his first vaccinations.

Ben weighed 13 lbs. 4 oz. and was 24 inches long, in the 81st and 82nd percentile respectively. This was quite a jump from his one-month appointment where he was around the 50th percentile, so he's living up to his reputation as a terrific eater.

I asked the doctor about his tendency to tilt his head, especially while sleeping, and I'm glad I did, since she diagnosed him with Torticollis, a congenital condition (probably caused by his cramped living quarters as a breech baby) that causes a limited range of motion for his neck and a tilted head. As long as he receives physical therapy, it should be resolved fairly easily.

I'm also glad that Jack went with us because Jack still has a mild cough and the doctor ended up checking him out, too, and prescribing an antibiotic, since he'd been sick for almost two weeks.

Ben took his vaccines like a champ and didn't appear to have any side effects. He did, however, end up coming down with the flu on Sunday -- high fever, stuffy nose, which were diagnosed with a nasal swab at the doctor's office today. Poor little guy has to go back again tomorrow to make sure his fever is under control (it has been pretty mild today) and he isn't having any issues. So Ben is going to become a regular at the pediatrician's office at this point.

No comments: