Yesterday I had the day off and it was a gorgeous, sunny day with [relatively] warm temps (32 degrees), so I decided to take the boys to the zoo. The zoo is open year round, and it's free from November to March, so it seemed like an ideal day to go. We saw a few other die-hard animal lovers, but it was relatively deserted, and the animals seemed almost happy to see us. We were surprised by how active the animals were compared to our summer zoo visits -- the wolves were running, the bald eagles were screeching, the tiger and lion were pacing, the penguins were swimming, and the red panda, which we have never seen awake before, was actually awake and ran out to greet us! I am definitely going to be returning during the colder weather again -- what a fun time! The best part, for Ben at least, was seeing the baby tigers, who I'm convinced he thought were large kitties, because he got really excited, pointed at their cage and yelled "Kitty!" So cute.
 |
| My monkey with a monkey |
 |
| Kitty! |
 |
| Don't feed the Ben. |
No comments:
Post a Comment