Thursday, July 17, 2008

Growing in Leaps and Bounds

Jackson has been making huge progress in terms of his physical and social development lately...

This week he has finally started breastfeeding without assistance, which is a huge development for both him and me. He still has occasional issues, but generally he's eating very well.

He's also sleeping more at night, another welcome development from his parents' perspective. He will sleep 4 - 6 hours at a time and even slept for 8 hours on the weekend while we were in Dayton. That was quite a shock to us to wake up at 6 AM and realize that our little piglet had slept through the night without a midnight feeding.

Socially, he's becoming more communicative. He smiles, coos and even giggled this afternoon when I tickled his tummy. He's much more alert and enjoys playing and looking at the world around him.

During tummy time, he's working hard at trying to roll over. He manages to tilt his body to the side and rock back and forth, but can't quite make it to his back. I try to help him occasionally so he knows what rolling over feels like, but the times I don't help him frequently result in tears of frustration and lots of grunting. From him, not me. I'm confident that he'll finally get the hang of it in another week or two. And, boy, will he be surprised then.

No comments: