Monday, October 13, 2008

Sleep Update

Well, the "cry it out" plan appears to be working. Jack is getting better and better about calming himself down and going to sleep. On Saturday, he cried for 50 minutes. Last night, he cried for 35 minutes. So far tonight, we haven't had any tears, but we're not holding our breaths -- pretty soon, I'm sure he'll be waking up in tears. But hopefully it won't be for very long.

Last night when we checked on him, instead of screaming as soon as he realized that we wouldn't be picking him up, he stayed quiet and attempted to regain control over himself. That's a big improvement over Saturday. And this afternoon, he even put himself back to sleep when I put him in the crib for his nap, something he's never done before. I really hope that all the torture that we're putting him and ourselves through is paying off.

....

Okay, he just cried after sleeping for 10 minutes. But when I went in to calm him, he stopped crying, sucked his binky, hugged his Pooh, and turned his head to fall back asleep. And I haven't heard another peep. Can it really be that easy?!?!

No comments: