I spent the morning putting the ingredients for a German Beef Stew in the crockpot (Brian wonders if I'm cooking Germans or cows from Germany or what). Then, I went into school for a bit to pick up some lesson plans and then Brian and I had lunch together downtown. On my way to lunch, I called Y-Care to see how Jack was doing. Apparently, he had a rough morning and refused to eat his bottle and then cried himself to sleep.
Needless to say, my stomach was in knots until 3:00 when I allowed myself to go pick him up (I wanted him to stay as long as he normally would when I'm at work). When I arrived, he was sitting at the table, smiling at the careworker. He seems to have taken to Patsy, a woman with a big smile and bubbly demeanor, so I'm glad he has someone he likes already. She said that after he woke up from his nap, he ate some sweet potatoes and then had his bottle. I was relieved that he had finally eaten and seemed more at ease there.
On the way home, he fell fast asleep in his carseat and has been sleeping ever since -- clearly exhausted from his busy day at daycare.
No comments:
Post a Comment