Thursday, November 27, 2008

Much to be thankful for...

It is the end of a long day and Brian and I are both exhausted, but before we go to bed I wanted to reflect on how much we have to be grateful for.

Today, we hosted Thanksgiving dinner for my mom (my dad was home sick with a cold) and some friends of ours. I feel fortunate to be able to open our home to others and to prepare a bountiful meal. I feel fortunate that while my dad and grandma couldn't be with us due to illness, their illness isn't debilitating or permanent and they will both be with us at the next holiday. I feel blessed that Jack is such a happy, well-adjusted, good-natured baby that he could sit in his highchair throughout dinner and then be passed around the table, happily banging the table with a spoon and smiling at everyone in sight. And that shortly after everyone left, he began crawling for the first time. I feel lucky that I have such a loving, supportive husband who shares in parenting our son. I am so blessed and so very grateful.

No comments: