Thursday, September 16, 2010

25 Week Update

Yesterday I had another appointment at the birth center, and I took Jack with me. We talked about potential screening tests (I'm choosing to forgo the glucose screening because I'm already taking a medicine used to treat diabetes for my PCOS anyway, so the likelihood of me developing gestational diabetes is pretty slim. And my hemoglobin test was so high at the previous test that it is unlikely to drop into a dangerous range, but I may go ahead and get the blood test just to verify that.) Then, Clarice measured my uterus -- exactly 25 cm. which is textbook perfect for 25 weeks -- and took my blood pressure -- 106/62 -- again, perfect. And she listened to Baby Ben's heartbeat, which Jack thought was pretty cool.

Brian arrived when the appointment was almost over and was able to ask a few questions that he had, like how many other women were due in December. Clarice said there are ten of us spread out over the month and that they had capped that month a few months back. Ironically, November and January are both really slow months for them, but apparently December is bustling. My theory is that it has to do with the timing of spring break because the stretch between mid-March and mid-April would be just about right for December babies.

Clarice thinks (and she stressed that it is solely based on past experience, not scientific research) that I'll probably be either early or right on time with going into labor, given Jack's timely arrival. So I'm still pretty convinced that Ben is going to arrive on Christmas Day.

No comments: