Thursday, September 30, 2010

Daycare Stories

Lately, Jack's reports from daycare have been adorable. As he gets older, the activities he engages in during the day become more complex, creative and imaginative. Here's a few gems from the past few months:

He spent one day meticulously setting and resetting the table. The report commented that he was "very precise". That's my boy.

Last week, he spent the afternoon playing with Tyler. Jack kept driving his tractor up to the Lego station, which they were pretending was a gas pump and Tyler would fill up Jack's tank. I'm sure that provided hours of fun.

Yesterday, Jack "told a great story about mommy and dinosaurs during circle time." I can only assume he talked about his dinosaur floor puzzle and how we put it together multiple times each night. But you never know -- maybe he told everyone that I'm a dinosaur doctor or something.

And this morning, Brian reported the following: "When we got to daycare, Ms. Patsy came up to me and told me that Jack was a great helper yesterday and helped her demonstrate sign language to the younger toddlers when she was singing a little song about saying please and thank you while they eat. He did a little bit of it while I was there – he seemed distracted and wanted to go play - but it was really cute. I guess she was going to show Ms. Kristy [the director of the center] sometime today. I’m surprised he still remembers it so well since we don’t really do sign language anymore, but it’s pretty awesome."

No comments: