After yesterday's attempt at swimming (Jack, Ben and I all got our swimsuits on, but after one foot inside the pool Jack declared it too cold and decided to use it to water the flowers instead), I knew that today's 90-degree heat should make for perfect swimming weather. The only hitch to the plan was that, unlike the balmy 80s of yesterday, there was no way I was taking Ben out in this heat, so we had to wait for Brian to get home. By that time, Jack's new pool felt like bathwater, which was exactly how he likes it.
This time, he hopped right in and promptly dumped a bucket of water on himself. While Brian and Ben ran to the grocery store for tater tots, Jack played and I lounged beside the pool. Even with the heat, it was pleasant to sit with my feet in the water, kept cool by the occasional splash from Jack. Thanks for the pool, Aunt Julie!









No comments:
Post a Comment