Saturday, June 28, 2008

Jackson Goes To Lunch


On Thursday, Jackson and I went to lunch with Kathryn and Kaitlyn, my friend from prenatal yoga and her baby. This was my first trip to a public place with Jackson by myself, so I was a little nervous.

We went to Schuler's Bookstore, which has a fantastic cafe with yummy sandwiches, soups and salads. Because I wasn't supposed to eat lunch meat or caesar salads during the pregnancy, I hadn't been to Schuler's since last August and I was really excited to eat at one of my favorite restaurants again.

Jackson did really well -- I put him in his stroller and he slept for most of lunch. Right as I was finishing my meal, he started to cry, but fell back asleep once I picked him up. Kaitlyn, his yoga friend, slept through the whole lunch.

After such as successful trip on Thursday, my mom and I decided to take him out to lunch and shopping at Target yesterday. We ate at Findley's, and again he slept through the whole trip. We did a little diaper shopping at Target afterward, which was exciting for me because I haven't been in a store since Jack was born -- probably the longest I've gone without shopping EVER.

Now that I feel more confident about traveling with my little munchkin, I'm planning to go to Meijer to do a little grocery shopping, which I've surprisingly been missing while I've been home.

No comments: