Jack handled the festival very well -- he looked around at everything from the shelter of his stroller and charmed people with his little grin. We ate lunch at the ethnic food tents where we had to decide between Native American, Hawaiian, Jamaican, Middle Eastern, Mexican, and Polish food. I was initially intrigued by the Hawaiian tent and ordered their Kalua pulled pork with coconut cabbage salad, but then I realized that it might not agree with Jackson's delicate digestive system, so I gave that to Brian and went back for a chicken kabob platter from Woody's Oasis. The food was delicious, and after lunch we wandered between the different music stages, stopping at the Sweetie Pie tent to introduce Jack to Linda, our favorite pie maker. She was very excited to see him and very happy for us, so she gave us a free cherry-raspberry pie -- yum! I just got done eating my first piece and I'm planning to go back for another in a bit.
When Jackson got hungry, we decided to wheel him back to St. John to feed him in their student lounge in the basement. As we walked in, we realized that people were preparing for a wedding, which was kind of sweet since we were married there four years ago this weekend. It was fun to sit in the student lounge and see them walking past the door as they got ready.
We finished up our busy day with a stop at the grocery store. Jackson, bless his sweet little heart, is completely exhausted, but he was such a good little trooper while we were out. We're hoping this means he'll sleep well tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment