Monday, August 4, 2008

Lazy Saturday

Because of the vaccines, Jack slept most of the day on Friday. But then he was wide awake most of the night. After trying in vain for almost an hour to sleep through his grunts, squaks, and squeaks, I finally got up with him around 1 AM and put him in his play gym in the dark living room. He loved the way the musical lights looked in the dark, so he silently kicked and stared while I fell asleep next to him on the floor. Once the lights stopped, he was wide awake again. Finally, in desperation, I put him in his Boppy bouncer and fell asleep on the couch. I don't know when he fell asleep, but I know he eventually did because neither of us woke up until 7 AM.

He was pretty sensitive most of the day on Saturday. I tried taking him to Mommy and Me yoga, but he started crying about 10 minutes in. Hillaire, my yogi, tried carrying him, but he wasn't able to be consoled. Finally, I took him out about halfway through the class.

When we got home, he and I were both pretty exhausted from our late night and the yoga theatrics, so we took a nap on the couch together.

Lately, Jack has been so alert and interested in the world around him that he hasn't been as interested in cuddling as he used to be. Whenever I hold him, he wants to be able to see everything that's going on, so burying his head in my shoulder is the last thing he wants to do. However, because of the increased sleepiness and sensitivity caused by his vaccinations, he was much more snuggly than normal this weekend, and I loved every minute of it. I didn't realize how much I missed having his little head against my neck, but it was really wonderful to have that again.

No comments: