Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Big Roll Over

It finally happened.

Tonight, Jack rolled over.

We've been expecting this for months now, and he finally did it. I put him in his crib to have some tummy time this evening and, as usual, he got frustrated by being on his stomach. But this time he actually managed to roll over onto his back. It was very exciting.

Of course, I tried to get him to duplicate the feat, but he must have used up all his energy and strength with the first roll because he melted down fairly quickly after that.

Interestingly enough, I was feeling mildly jealous this morning when I went to Baby Time at the library and my friend Kathryn told me that her daughter Kaitlyn, who is about 15 hours older than Jack, had rolled over from her back to her tummy in the crib this morning. Jack and Kaitlyn seem to be developing at about the same pace, so I was shocked that she had rolled over before he had. But I guess he's just about 15 hours behind her still because now he has made his own little accomplishment.

Now it will be fun to see how long it will take to roll from his back to his tummy. Whenever it is, I'll be waiting with the camera.

No comments: