Kathryn and Ken, whose baby, Kaitlyn, is only a few hours older than Jack, came over for dinner. We went to their house last month for dinner and wanted to return the invitation. The babies seemed to enjoy the evening together, and we, as parents, definitely did. It was nice to be able to compare stories and experiences. Tucker was also very charming and attacked our guests' feet (they were wearing socks) while they ate. Fortunately, they're cat and dog people, too, so it wasn't a terrible faux pas.
I made pork tenderloin, mashed sweet potatoes (which Ken said tasted like pumpkin pie), and my Michigan harvest salad. We had harvest fruit crisp for dessert. Everything was a big hit, so all the cooking and cleaning that Jack and I did that day paid off. (Jack helped me make the crisp and the pork and he helped vacuum while riding in his Baby Bjorn because he didn't want to get put down long enough for his mommy to get her work done.)
I meant to take pictures of Jack and Kaitlyn, but it completely slipped my mind, so I guess you'll have to wait until the Halloween party to see the two of them together. Meanwhile, this is a picture of Jack before his little girlfriend arrived.
1 comment:
I am most definitely still true to Michigan. Last week I routed proudly for Central! Actually I am wearing cute UofM pjs! haha. Anyways, Sorry I won't be there either. I'd love to get my hands on that baby!
Post a Comment