Tonight, for the ten millionth time, I asked Brian if he'll do yoga with me. As usual, his response was "no". For some reason, he has a mental block about exercising with me. And it drives me absolutely crazy.
I'd like to be able to share our exercise routine, as a way of encouraging me to stick with it, and as a way of spending more time together (lately, I'm asleep most of the time, so having time together to do anything would be very nice). Brian doesn't see the need. We both seem to take personal offense to each other's responses -- I can't understand why he won't support me by exercising with me, and he can't understand why I won't stop nagging him about exercising. We're at an impasse -- he still won't exercise with me, and I still won't stop asking -- so neither of us is happy about the situation.
Now, don't get me wrong: my husband has been incredibly supportive of everything in the pregnancy so far -- he brings me breakfast in bed on the weekends, he picks up whatever food I'm craving from the store, he offers to do more chores around the house (...or at least doesn't complain when the usual chores don't get done)... he's been a saint in all aspects but this one. But it really bothers me because I enjoy yoga so much, and it makes me feel so much better -- I think he'd really enjoy it if he tried it.
But the likelihood of that happening is about the same as pigs sprouting wings.
No comments:
Post a Comment