Yesterday I had the opportunity to see just how big I might get with this pregnancy...
I stopped at David's Bridal after my Prenatal Yoga class because it is just minutes from the yoga studio. My plan was to check on how late I could wait to order the dress, so I might have a more accurate idea of what size I'd need. The dress consultant, however, had other plans for me: "You need to order it now," she said. Apparently, the azalea color is not going to be in stock much longer, so the sooner we order our dresses, the better.
"How am I going to be able to predict what size I'll need in five months?" I asked. "No problem," she said, "we have maternity pillows you can use." So, she rigged me up in two maternity pillows and put me in a dress two sizes bigger than normal. Although the top portion of the dress was falling off, the bottom portion fit perfectly over the pillows. And I looked like a giant azalea puffball.
Hopefully once the top is altered to fit my body, and my own baby bump feels less awkward than the pillows, I won't look as enormous as I did at the bridal shop. That's my hope, at least. My consolation is that I'm positive all eyes will be on Kelly as my beautiful sister-in-law walks down the aisle. And maybe no one will notice me off to the side: the world's biggest bridesmaid.
No comments:
Post a Comment