As the clock ticks down to January 3 when we will find out the baby's gender, assuming the little guy or gal isn't shy, I'm really curious to see how accurate some of the predictions that people are making will be.
Today at school, one of my fellow teachers asked me if I was having a girl -- based how I'm carrying, she thinks that's what I'll have. Brian, on the other hand, in all his baby-predicting experience, thinks that because it's not obvious that I'm pregnant from behind that I'll have a boy. My friend Amy, without any actual physical assessment, thinks I'll have a girl because she can't picture my mom and Grandma with anything other than another girl in the family.
Based on the Chinese Lunar calendar, which both Deb, a fellow teacher, and Kim, Kelly's bridesmaid, swear was accurate for both of their babies, I'm having a girl because my birthday is in August and we conceived the baby in September. But the BabyZone Gender Predictor Quiz is inconclusive.
So over the holidays, I'll be checking for others' predictions to see how accurate intuition and old wives tales are. If you have an opinion already, let us know by voting in the poll at the right. Then on January 3, we'll see just how many people were correct.
No comments:
Post a Comment