Thursday, December 27, 2007

Prenatal Update

This morning we had another prenatal appointment. It was supposed to be just with the nurse practitioner, but she ended up being really busy so they scheduled us with Dr. Wichert, one of Dr. Herta's partners. He said everything looks great -- my blood pressure and urine sample looked good, it's fine that I'm not gaining weight yet ("Enjoy it while it lasts," he said), and the baby's heartbeat was 148 beats per minute. He also heard the baby moving around while he was looking for the heartbeat.

We didn't have many questions for him at this point -- just about weight gain and childbirth classes, which we'll be signing up for soon. And he refused to hazard a guess about the baby's gender -- he said Dr. Herta will usually play that game, but he says it's too unpredictable.

All in all, a good appointment, and we're set for the rest of our appointments through March. Thankfully they're all scheduled for after 3:00 so I don't have to miss school. And they're going to have us meet with the rest of the doctors in the practice, so we're comfortable with all of them. I've seen Dr. Takyi before -- he's a really kind and humorous doctor from Ghana who was my original OB before he referred me to Dr. Herta. We'll also be seeing Dr. Maney and Dr. Peters. From what I've heard, they're all wonderful, but I can't help hoping that either Dr. Herta or Dr. Takyi is the one who delivers our baby... I'd just prefer someone I know and who knows me.

No comments: