Monday, December 10, 2007

First Movement

This weekend at prenatal yoga I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move. It happened at the end of class during the meditation portion. Hillaire, our instructor, has us cool down, then we lie on a stack of pillows with our hands on our baby and spend time focusing on our breathing and feeling a connection with the baby.

I was on my pillows with my knees bent and my hands on my tummy when I felt a swishy, fluttery feeling in my uterus. At first, I got excited so my breath quickened and the sensation stopped, so I had to force myself to lie very still and breath regularly and I felt it again. Apparently the baby enjoys yoga class!

I haven't felt it move since then, but I keep hoping I will, just to confirm that it was the baby not a figment of my imagination. Soon, I'm sure, I'll be feeling more than enough kicking, but for right now I'll take all the kicking I can get.

No comments: