Monday, December 3, 2007

An Extra Member of the Bridal Party

This weekend, we traveled down to Dayton for Kelly's bridal shower. Mom and Julie were busy all week getting ready for the party, and Brian and I arrived on Friday night to lend a hand. This is when I realized some of the hidden benefits of being pregnant. While everyone else slaved away chopping chicken, veggies, etc., I was sent to bed after only a few chores. I felt a bit guilty, but arguing didn't work, so I just gave in.

Kelly's shower went really well -- everyone seemed to have a wonderful time, and Kelly received a lot of great gifts. Mom's heart-shaped cupcakes went over very well, and everyone seemed to enjoy the games we created. Of course we were all exhausted afterward, but once again the pregnancy rule applied and I was ordered out to the family room while the rest cleaned up.


During the shower as I was lining up with the other bridesmaids for a picture with Kelly, it occurred to me that years from now we'll be able to tell the baby that he or she was actually in Aunt Kelly's wedding. A little too undeveloped to be a ring bearer or flower girl, but a member of the bridal party nonetheless.

No comments: