Tuesday, May 13, 2008

2.5 weeks and counting

As of this Friday, I'll be two weeks from my due date. Not that I'm counting. Of course, this life-changing event isn't exactly like the wedding when I was able to tick off the days, hours and minutes until the big event. Jackson could technically be born tomorrow or not until a month from now, so the due date is really relatively irrelevant. For a planner like me, this is a somewhat challenging situation. I'm trying to be zen about it and be okay with not knowing, but I'm starting to feel a little antsy. The good news is that we're pretty positive, and the early ultrasound confirmed, that our conception date is accurate; typically when someone ends up way overdue, it's the conception date that's off, not the baby's timing. So hopefully I won't still be twiddling my thumbs on June 13.

Tomorrow, we have an appointment for an ultrasound to see how Jackson is lying. The doctor knows he's head down, but the little guy is spending so much time on my left side that Dr. Takyi ordered an ultrasound to see what's up. It will be very exciting to see Jackson again since we haven't seen him (other than the daily rolling and poking of my stomach) since the beginning of January. Since the last time we saw him he weighed less than a pound, I'm sure we'll be shocked by how big he is already. (Hopefully not too big yet, for my vagina's sake!)

Tomorrow is also the day of the school shower, and the neighborhood women are stopping by in the evening for a gathering as well. Big day!

I'm sure we'll have more posts -- and hopefully pictures -- to add tomorrow.

No comments: